Hello. Thank you for checking us out. We’re Venture Church and we’re here to help you take the Next Step in your relationship with God, no matter where you’re at.
This section will help you find out more about our mission, core values, beliefs and what to expect when you come. Make sure to check out the other pages on our site as well as keep up with us on Facebook. This will allow you to find out everything you need to know about Venture Church.
Take your time. Feel free to ask questions. We’re glad you’re here.
What to Expect
What to expect
Around Venture, you’ll find a group of people who are committed to taking the next steps in their relationship with God and we’d love for you to join us. No matter where you are, there’s always room for growth, as none of us are perfect. So, come as you are and dress however you want; from shirt and tie to sandals and shorts, everyone is welcome here.
Whether you’re single, married, a parent, teen or child, we believe that God has something for us all. We invite you to participate in one of our Venture Groups, service projects, and celebration services and join us on the Venture.
Loving God, Loving People and Serving Others
Exposure to God changes us. So, we’re intentional about developing our personal relationship with God on a daily basis.
- How is your relationship with God deeper today than it was 6 months ago?
- What do you need to give up that’s keeping you from growing closer to God?
- Where are you reading in the Bible?
- How often do you pray? How do you approach God when you pray (as a genie or the God of the universe who has a plan for you)?
- How are you meeting the needs of others on a regular basis?
As the radical love of God changes us, our love for others grows. We become more generous, compassionate, gracious, and more intentional about helping others take their next steps toward God.
- Who am I intentionally leading into a personal relationship with God?
- What 3 people am I helping take their next steps toward God?
When we serve others, it changes us. Serving takes the focus off ourselves while helping us recognize how God has blessed us. This deepens our relationship with God, continuing the process of loving God, loving people and serving others.
- What needs have I seen and what am I doing about meeting them?
- Who will I serve this week?
- If Jesus were here today: Where would He go? Who would He talk to? What would He say?
- How will I be the hands and feet of Jesus today?
Prepare yourself to see lives changed as you join us on this Venture of Loving God, Loving People and Serving Others, even your own.
- Focused- We are serious about our mission. We are fully surrendered to Jesus and are committed to sharing hope with anyone and everyone, to help them take their “Next Steps” and experience life to the full! We believe God is who He says He is and we want everyone to experience the life He created them to experience. (Love God)
- Real- We’re committed to applying the truths of the Bible to our every day experiences, resulting in lives that are fully transformed. We’re continually taking our Next Steps toward God and sharing our stories with others. We cheer each other to grow, get in groups and live authentic lives together. We fight the urge to live isolated or sheltered by engaging in conversations that could change eternity. We are committed to connecting with the God who created them. (Love People)
- Generous- We have so much fun looking for ways to give of our time, energy and finances to bless others and serve those in need. We realize that we have been given far more than we deserve and if we aren’t careful we can get selfish really fast. So, our response is to intentionally give ourselves away for the sake of God and others! (Serve Others)
Statement Of Beliefs & Accountability
The sole basis of our belief is the Bible. The Scripture in its entirety is composed of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, which originated with God, and was given through the instrumentality of many different chosen authors.
We believe that there is one living, true, holy God, eternally existent in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe that Jesus was miraculously conceived, born of a virgin, and sinless in life. Christ was fully man and fully God, walked our earth, lived a life of obedience, suffered at the hands of men, and died on the cross. He paid the price for the sins of all, was resurrected from the dead and enthroned at God’s right hand as our Intercessor.
Salvation is wholly a work of God’s free grace, received by repentance and faith. Each person can be made new in Christ by the Holy Spirit and thereafter continuously grow in the knowledge of God.
We are a Wesleyan Church that is held accountable by the Northwest District of the Wesleyan Church. For more information, feel free to check out the Northwest District website at www.northwestdistrict.org.
Lead Pastor – Charley Carpenter
In August of 2011, Charley, Katie, and their two girls (Faith and Grace) moved to Bozeman, Montana, in order to help people take the next steps on their spiritual journey and start what we know of today as Venture Church. For years, God has been impressing upon their hearts that He really is who He says He is and that He offers the the greatest life imaginable. It all started when their oldest daughter Faith was born 11 weeks early (at 29 weeks). She was born at 2 lbs. 7 oz. and they were told for days that she wouldn’t make it through the night. As they walked through the process of loosening the grip on their lives and allowing God to work, they experienced the grace, the mercy and the presence of God in ways that have forever changed them.
Moving to Bozeman was another “step” that God was asking them to take, and one they can’t imagine missing out on. After moving, they committed to serving the community for 6 months before they launched their weekly celebration services. From that time, several people have experienced freedom from addictions, seen their marriages restored, and their lives have been transformed as they’ve submitted themselves to Jesus. In the process of this new church being birthed, they also gave birth to a son, Asher, and a daughter, Selah.
As they enjoy this next chapter in their lives, they’re excited to see what God has in store for them. They look forward to meeting you and sharing many years with you here in Bozeman.
Director of Greater Impact – John Paszkiet
John and Corina are long time Bozeman residents along with their kids, Ezekiel and Naomi. They love Bozeman due to its diversity, its beauty, and its access to the outdoors and all its activities.
John is the Director of a non-profit started by Venture called Greater Impact. He has always been passionate about serving the community in real and tangible ways and getting your hads dirty along the way. Organizing Serve The City Sundays is another one of the ways John gets to partner with Venture. These service events are an opportunity to bless the community as well as hang out with and get to know each other better as they are actively “Being the Church”.
The Paszkiet’s love being part of Venture where they get to cultivate new relationships and be part of a group that loves people and isn’t afraid to get out into the community and serve.
Venture Kids Director – Tara Erlenbaugh
Tara was born and raised in San Diego, California. Later, she made her home Gillette, Wyoming for 15 years. Tara moved to Bozeman in August 2016 with her husband Chris. They were married in 2009 and together they have 4 children; Brendan, Axl, Gabe and Peyton. She enjoys spending as much time with her family as possible, coaching, working out and being out doors any chance she gets. She wants to experience everything God has to offer her!
Tara is the Venture Kids Director with Venture. She first heard her calling to serve God in this way while volunteering and leading Life Groups at their church in Gillette. She feels called to passionately spread Christ’s love in innovative ways, help children experience Christ and become who they were designed to be.